Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/09/09 07:24:26 UTC

What versions do we actively work on?

The following versions are currently marked as 'open' in JIRA:

1.0.5
1.1.1
1.2.4

1.3.0
2.0.2
2.0.3
2.1.2
2.2.1.1
2.2.3
2.3.1
2.2.x
2.4.2
2.4.3
2.4.x2.5.0
3.0.0
3

That's pretty confusing for our users. And also nasty when creating a bug.

So my proposal is to first collect the information about which versions we like to maintain at all?

I personally have interest in

* 3.0.0
* 2.4.2
* the 2.* version IBM folks are maintaining (should be exactly 1 I guess)

Please add to the list which version you do think we need as well.

What do we do with the .x versions?
Remove them and move the fix-for to the next maintained version?
E.g. move 2.2.x tickets to 2.2.3

Any ideas?

Re: What versions do we actively work on?

Posted by Heath Thomann <jp...@gmail.com>.
Right, I don't foresee that we'd do a new release anytime soon, if ever.
But what do you mean by "ditch the following version"?  Here are the
branches I see:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/branches/

2.2.x is a branch, not a version as you listed above???  Basically, I'd
want to keep branches 1.0.x (version 1.0.5), 1.2.x (version 1.2.4), 2.0.x
(version 2.0.2), 2.1.x (version 2.1.2), 2.2.1.x (version 2.2.1.1), and
2.2.x (version 2.2.3).  Beyond that, deleting any other branches/versions
is fine by me.

If it would be easier to chat about this on the phone I'd be glad to call
you (I could wrestle Jody into the call as well).

Thanks,

Heath

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Hi Heath!