Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2008/10/06 09:16:33 UTC

PortletAction & Namespaces - s:url works, s:submit not

Hi,

I want to use the namespace feature of struts2 actions in a portal/portlet
environment.
Using s:url like this works (like shown in the struts2 delivered testcases):

<s:form action="MasterControl" method="POST">
></s:url>">Test</a>
</s:form>

Using Buttons to Submit the form, i am unable to get it working. Can anyone
give my some hint what i am doing wrong (the s:submit tag got no
portletUrlType or namespace attribute like s:url Tag):

<s:form action="MasterControl" method="POST" namespace="mw">
	<s:submit name="smaster" value="Start Master" action="/mvc/stopWork"
title="Test" type="button" />
</s:form>

Any help appreciated. thx.

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds

Re: PortletAction & Namespaces - s:url works, s:submit not

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
Am Montag, 6. Oktober 2008 10:38:36 schrieben Sie:
> Can you store the url with an id an use it as an expression in the
> action attribute of the submit tag?

This works using a html link with s:url and %{myactionurl}.

However the form does only work in this form (like it should):

<s:form action="/mvc/startMaster" method="POST" namespace="mw">
	<s:submit name="smaster" value="Start Master" title="Start Master"
type="button" />
</s:form>

One action url at form level and the button submits.

Using more than one button - which should invoke another action specified at
s:submit level does not work. Using action="%{myactionurl}" results in "no
action found for ...." exception.
Some other ideas? It seems to me the action attribute at s:submit is useless,
is it?

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Can you store the url with an id an use it as an expression in the
action attribute of the submit tag?

Nils-H