Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca> on 2005/12/09 22:20:22 UTC

Does 3.2 still support python 2.2?

 From the 3.2.5b doc:

(http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-3.2.5b/doc-html/inst-prerequisites.html)

2.1 Prerequisites

     * Python 2.2.1 or later. Earlier versions of Python will not work.

Is this still true or have we dropped support for python < 2.3? Has
anybody tested using python 2.2.1?

Jim

Re: Does 3.2 still support python 2.2?

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Jim Gallacher wrote:

> Next question. Should we bump the Apache version requirement as well.
> Currently the docs state that Apache 2.0.40 or later is required. I
> don't recall seeing anyone testing mod_python 3.2 on anything less than
> apache 2.0.53. I don't know if there are any changes between 40 and 53
> that may have a negative impact, but if we haven't actually tested on
> the earlier versions are we just asking for trouble?

Probably :)

I don't remember where the 2.0.40 came from. There may have been a
technical reason for it, or may be it was just the current version at the
time. I think the most honest thing to would be to say that we've tested
it with 2.0.53, but it will most likely work with a few minor versions
earlier just as well. Since we're part of HTTP project, we should anyhow
encourage folks to use the most recent versions.

Grisha

Re: Does 3.2 still support python 2.2?

Posted by Nick <ni...@dd.revealed.net>.

Re: Does 3.2 still support python 2.2?

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
I figured we had moved on to 2.3, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't
missing something before I changed the docs. I'm not sure if there was a
formal decision on this or everyone just assumed it was true. Perhaps a
pronoucement from Grisha to make it offical?

If python 2.2 support has been dropped then it needs needs to be
mentioned in changes section of the docs, and the README as well.

Jim

Posted by Nick <ni...@dd.revealed.net>.