Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 01:55:39 UTC

Errors while loading data into HBase

Hi!
Just managed to gather the log files from one error run.
The error message changes between 3 different ones,
this time it was

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException:
Table 'y' does not exist.
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:418)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:350)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HConnectionManager$TableServers.relocateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:318)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTable.getRegionLocation(HTable.java:114)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTable$ServerCallable.instantiateServer(HTable.java:1009)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTable.getRegionServerWithRetries(HTable.java:1024)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTable.commit(HTable.java:763)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTable.commit(HTable.java:744)
        at hbaseTest.PutValue(hbaseTest.java:297)
        at hbaseTest.TesterPut(hbaseTest.java:108)
        at hbaseTest.main(hbaseTest.java:35)

This happens exactly at the 10000 insert

Not really sure what is happening with the master.log, the only thing I get
now is the .out file

Regards Erik

Re: Errors while loading data into HBase

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Erik:

Come hang on IRC and lets figure whats busted about your install.  We
thought we'd fixed all logging going into .out files rather than into
.log. Lets figure that first so we can get good logging around your
errors.  And the below error is also an issue we'd thought we'd fixed a
while back.  It looks like there is an offline region in the middle of
your online table:  I bet if you try to do a 'select * from "y";' that
it will run for a while and then break when it hits the offlined region.

St.Ack