Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by frederic bonacossa <f....@cstelecom.com> on 1997/08/01 17:20:02 UTC

mod_proxy/959: The NoProxy directive in httpd.conf is not recognized

>Number:         959
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       The NoProxy directive in httpd.conf is not recognized
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When configuring apache as a proxy server, (ProxyRequests On)
with a corporate proxy-server, (ProxyRemote * http-proxy.fr.cis.philips.com)

the "NoProxy     130.142" directive is not recognized, and the server
doesn't wake up.

When the "NoProxy .." line is removed, every thing
is okay. Any station on the intranet can connect to my proxy, bouncing
on the corporate proxy, getting to he outside world ... Great ...
But I need the noproxy for the people who doesn't know how to
configure their Netscape for the local intranet servers.

It seems that the "NoProxy" command doesn't exists in the
src/modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c thow all the other commands are ...

This command is documented in the FAQ web page:
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#noproxy

Sincerely. Fred
>How-To-Repeat:
Just put the following lines in your httpd.conf file:
# Corporate proxy (for fire-wall protected intranet)
ProxyRemote * http-proxy.fr.cis.philips.com
# No proxy for the following addresses
NoProxy     130.142
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following line to
# enable the proxy server:
ProxyRequests On