Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Plath, Elton" <EP...@fnb.co.za> on 2003/09/16 15:55:59 UTC

Goal [xxx] has no action definition

Hi,

I saw a bug reported for a similar error. It waas regarding the
multiproject:site goal.
The problem does not seem to be specific to multiproject plugin. Looks to be
a generic reactor problem.
For instance, I run the reactor more than once on various goals and get the
same sort of error :

Here is my maven xml snippet:

  <goal name="foo">
    <attainGoal name="bar"/>
    <attainGoal name="bar"/>
  </goal>

<goal name="bar">
      <m:reactor
        basedir="${basedir}"
        includes="*/project.xml"
        goals="java:compile"/>
  </goal>

I run : maven foo
and the build fails when running the reactor a second time.

In the above snippet I ran "java:compile" but running "site" and "clean"
also give errors.

What am i doing wrong? or is this a reactor feature/bug. If this is how the
reactor works then how can I run a reactor to do my compiling then a reactor
to do my site - the build fails when running the second reactor.

Regards
Elton

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.