Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/04/25 05:18:38 UTC

do not save source (was: Config tree code finished.)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Oooh! Consensus! :-)

I agree here. We should not save the source once operation begins. We
should not save comments. The *only* thing that we save are basic
directive/argument values. That is all that Apache cares about at this
point.

2.1? Sure. And sure, we can defer this discussion until then.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: do not save source (was: Config tree code finished.)

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> Oooh! Consensus! :-)
>
> I agree here. We should not save the source once operation begins. We
> should not save comments. The *only* thing that we save are basic
> directive/argument values. That is all that Apache cares about at this
> point.

At the moment I disagree; I think we DO want to save the source.
But deferring further discussion until 2.1 is a brilliant idea.
--
#ken    P-)}