Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr> on 2009/10/23 18:57:30 UTC

OBR issue when using parameters with exported packages

Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me with the attached test case.

- I have single bundle (A.jar) containing com.a.class and exporting the
package com.a with a version and a "tag"
ie: Export-Package: com.a; version="1.2.3";tag="mytag"

- I use bnd to build the bundle and it generates a similar import (which
is good)
ie: Import-Package: com.a; version="1.2.3";tag="mytag"

- I use bindex to generate the repository (containing only this bundle)
which, in turn, generates the following requirement:
<require extend='false'
filter='(&amp;(package=com.a)(version&gt;=1.2.3)(tag=mytag)(mandatory:&lt;*tag))'
multiple='false' name='package' optional='false'>
       Import package com.a ;version=1.2.3
</require>

My question concerns the part that reads "(mandatory:&lt;*tag)" since it
seems to prevent OBR resolution on this bundle.
If I remove only this part, the test passes, but I'm not sure whether
bindex should not generate it or the OBR should resolve with it..

I'm attaching a tar (that can be extracted into
felix-trunk/bundlerepository) with an updated junit test case and the
source for everything I mentioned above.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if I should open a
JIRA issue.

Regards,
Arjun

Re: OBR issue when using parameters with exported packages

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
Hi again,

After investigation, it seems the problem is due to a
NullPointerException in bundlerepository.
I therefore created JIRA issue FELIX-1809; please review and comment.

Best regards,
Arjun