Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/05 02:12:14 UTC

oozie coordinator job frequency DST transition

Hi guys,
I have a coordinator job frequency DST transition question. If I schedule a job to run at 8am everyday with frequency=1440 minutes and timezone="America/Los Angeles", then the job will start running at 9am after March 9th, 2014.
If you look at the line
"start.add(freqTU.getCalendarUnit(), lastActionNumber * Integer.parseInt(coordJob.getFrequency()));" in CoordMaterializeTransitionXCommand in materializeActions() function, this line doesn't seem to take care of the DST transition. Is this the desired behavior for oozie?
Bowen

Re: oozie coordinator job frequency DST transition

Posted by Shwetha GS <sh...@inmobi.com>.
Calendar.add() takes care of DST transition

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:04 AM, bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Isn't it ideal that the job is still running at 8am after March 9th? Oozie
> doc says oozie handles DST transition for timezones. I don't see here how
> oozie is really handling any DST transition.
> Bowen
>

> On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:04 PM, Rohini Palaniswamy <
> rohini.aditya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I believe so. Even we have seen this behaviour. Our users usually have the
> <coordinator-app> timezone in UTC and only <dataset> in different
> timezones.
>
> Regards,
> Rohini
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM, bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > I have a coordinator job frequency DST transition question. If I schedule
> > a job to run at 8am everyday with frequency=1440 minutes and
> > timezone="America/Los Angeles", then the job will start running at 9am
> > after March 9th, 2014.
> > If you look at the line
> > "start.add(freqTU.getCalendarUnit(), lastActionNumber *
> > Integer.parseInt(coordJob.getFrequency()));" in
> > CoordMaterializeTransitionXCommand in materializeActions() function, this
> > line doesn't seem to take care of the DST transition. Is this the desired
> > behavior for oozie?
> > Bowen

receipt.

Re: oozie coordinator job frequency DST transition

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.