Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mzgubin <mz...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/04 02:14:28 UTC

Re: AW: Release fails during SVN commit

I've discovered one solution that worked for me.
I don't know if I have a different problem than was mentioned here, but it
was the same error.
I did have the same issues mentioned in this thread and tried all sorts of
subversion client's.

Try fixing the scm configuration first to point to the correct location in
your svn.
I kept getting this error until i've resolved that first.
Also, this assumes that you have a typical SVN structure: with trunk,
branches and tags in the same folder.  If you don't have a typical layout,
then maven-release-plugin's configuration will have to be modified and a
tagBase specified.

Example:

<scm>

<connection>scm:svn:svn+ssh://username@svn.repository.com/local/project/svn/devrepo/project/trunk</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:svn+ssh://username@svn.repository.com/local/project/svn/devrepo/project/trunk</developerConnection>
    <url>http://svn.repository.com</url>
  </scm>

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

BTW, currently i'm running the latest subversion client (1.5.2)