Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/03/10 16:42:31 UTC

Jconsole accumulates a list of topics when i only create queues

I use activemq 5.0 broker embedded in spring.
When i observe a jconsole, i see the queues and temporary queues in a
correct list, but i also see
the queus in the topics list accumulate there.
They are not topics so there is no reason for this.

does any one knows what this means? why are they accumulated there, is that
a problem in jconsole
or is it a problem with activemq?

Re: Jconsole accumulates a list of topics when i only create queues

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 10/03/2008, Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> wrote:

>  I use activemq 5.0 broker embedded in spring.
>  When i observe a jconsole, i see the queues and temporary queues in a
>  correct list, but i also see
>  the queus in the topics list accumulate there.
>  They are not topics so there is no reason for this.
>
>  does any one knows what this means? why are they accumulated there, is that
>  a problem in jconsole
>  or is it a problem with activemq?

Are you sure you're not seeing the Advisory topics?
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Jconsole accumulates a list of topics when i only create queues

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/03/2008, Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> wrote:

>  You are right. I am seeing the advisory topics. I don't understand why I it
>  accumulates many:
>  ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue. what does it mean?

They are all described on the advisory message page...
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

if you don't want to use them, you can just ignore any destination
starting with ActiveMQ

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Jconsole accumulates a list of topics when i only create queues

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
You are right. I am seeing the advisory topics. I don't understand why I it
accumulates many:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue. what does it mean?

I am doing the following to send messages from the producer:
ActiveMQConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(QUEUE_CONNECION_FACTORY);
queueConnection = queueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
queueConnection.start();
queueSessionSend = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE); queueSessionReceive =
queueConnection.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
destinationSendClient = queueSessionSend.createQueue(USER_QUEUE_NAME);
queueSender = queueSessionSend.createSender((Queue)destinationSendClient);
...create temp queues for destination... listen to messages
queueSender.send(objMsg);

I create the sessions and queueConnections once and close them at the stop
of application and i delete the temp quese after process of responses

Can this explain the problem of accumulation??
Thanks, Michal