Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raffaele Ragni <ra...@cone.it> on 2002/10/01 16:05:02 UTC

Error on logout, i've found something

Hi, can anyone remember the error on logout in the function accountExists?
I think i have found something to turn around it: when i looked at the error log, i saw there was a 'saveUser' function,
so i went on JetspeedResources.properties and turned off the option 'save user on logout'.
Now It works, i can exit the portal withouth errors (the error was a NullPointer Exception).

Though i still have an error when you misspell the password on login process, it writes the error on the screen
that asks to re-enter information. I installed already activation.jar to solve one of these exceptions, but there is still the other one
which is:
<org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.FailedLoginException: Credential authentication failure>: on bad password
<org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.FailedLoginException: org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UnknownUserException: Unknown user 'a' >: on bas user

Even a way to hide this thing in the screen could be useful, Thanks.

|- Raffaele Ragni < raffaele.ragni@cone.it >
|- Tel 071 2900854 / Fax 071 2908551 / Cel 333 3659770
|- CONE Sistemi Informativi

RE: Error on logout, i've found something

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Raffaele,

In CVS head, the standard error message on invalid username and/or password
is: "Invalid user name and/or password. Please reenter your credentials".

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com