Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@bach.cz> on 2001/06/14 12:03:35 UTC

Mapping to an CGI handler problem

I have still problems with mapping IIS to the handler cgi script. Due stupid
MetaData and Registry a person who didn`t read tons of IIS documentation
material cannot do it (if IIS ALLOWS it - IMHO it not). Gerarld said that
one customer managed it work but it is a problem for me. I have one idea:

What about to create a handler cgi script that will filter all links from
the output and replace them with GET method. Example:

Browser asks for 'http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/handler.cgi?url=/index.html'
where is a link to 'products.html', so the handler script will rewrite the
link to 'http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/handler.cgi?url=/products.html'.

After that it won`t be need to add CGI script mapping of html files. Our
customers can use their NT/IIS servers and the others are allowed to choose
Linux/Apache/mod_perl

Is my idea right? Is it possible?

Regards

Lukas Zapletal [lzap@bach.cz]
BACH systems Ltd. [www.bach.cz]
web programmer

Re: Mapping to an CGI handler problem

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

I have installed a recent version of Personl Web Server here yesterday
(which has the same configuration as IIS) and I will look how to make this
mapping correctly. Then there is no need for rewriting URLs.

Unfortunately I have to finish another project before I can start with this,
but this should be done during the next week

Gerald