Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/26 10:13:24 UTC

Nightly builds

Hi guys,

I just checked the release policy yesterday, for some othe reason. I
found [1] that "Test packages are for use by consenting developers and
interested community members only, so they should not be hosted or
linked on pages intended for end users."

We shoudl probably remove (or hide) the
https://directory.apache.org/studio/nightly-builds.html page (I was
thinking about hosting them elswhere).

Thoughts ?

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-rc

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just checked the release policy yesterday, for some othe reason. I
> found [1] that "Test packages are for use by consenting developers and
> interested community members only, so they should not be hosted or
> linked on pages intended for end users."
>
> We shoudl probably remove (or hide) the
> https://directory.apache.org/studio/nightly-builds.html page (I was
> thinking about hosting them elswhere).
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> the page already warns about the potential stability issues, so IMO this
location is fine

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com