Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Rafit Izhak_Ratzin <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/07 21:30:26 UTC

new svn version:NoClassDefFoundError - JobTracker

Hi,

I am trying to run with the new svn version (375414), I am working under
nutch/trunk directory.

When I ran the next command "bin/hadoop jobtracker" or "bin/hadoop-daemon.sh
start jobtracker"
I got the next message,

org/mortbay/http/HttpListener
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:303)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.startTracker(JobTracker.java:50)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.main(JobTracker.java:813)

Thanks,
Rafit

Re: new svn version:NoClassDefFoundError - JobTracker

Posted by Mike Smith <mi...@gmail.com>.
I could make it work in a strange way. There should be a problem with hadoop
jar file.

I downloaded the hadoop project and made the project using ant. then I could
start the jobtracker successfully, but when I removed the build folder and
just used the hadoop jar file, it failed again. So I copied all the
hadoop/lib  files into nutch/lib and I also copied the build folder of
hadoop into nutch folder. Now nutch is using build of hadoop (the
classes) instead of its jar file!!! But it worked fine.

I just started a crawl over 70000 seeds and it is going through! I will let
you know the results.

Thanks, Mike

Posted by Rafit Izhak_Ratzin <sa...@hotmail.com>.
After copying teh build directory from hadoop to nutch....
I can run the crawl cycle, however I get the next Exeption (in jobtracking
file) lot of times:

060207 215603 Server connection on port 50020 from IP...
caught: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.nutch.mapred.TaskTrackerStatus
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.nutch.mapred.TaskTrackerStatus
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.ObjectWritable.readObject(ObjectWritable.java:183)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invocation.readFields(RPC.java:88)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Connection.run(Server.java:138)
060207 215603 Server connection on port 50020 from IP... : exiting
060207 215708 Server connection on port 50020 from IP...: starting

Posted by Mike Smith <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Smith <mi...@gmail.com>.
Rafit,

Posted by Rafit Izhak_Ratzin <sa...@hotmail.com>.