Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adrian Marsh <Ad...@ubiquisys.com> on 2008/04/16 11:12:10 UTC

Subversion relocate

Hi,

I'm testing moving subversion repositories around. TortoiseSVN seems to
work fine, but I'm missing something for my linux clients.

Old repos:

[root@ubiq-dell27-cen pbx]# svn info

Repository Root: http://ubiq-serv2/svn/tools

I run :

svn switch --relocate http://ubiq-serv2/svn/docs/tools/pbx
https://testserv.ubiquisys.local/svn/tools/pbx

Which gives no output (confirmation or failure). But the svn info output
still shows the repository URL as pointing to ubiq-serv2

I read the example at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/re27.html, but
don't see what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Subversion relocate

Posted by Lars Grunewaldt <lg...@dark-reality.de>.

RE: Subversion relocate

Posted by Adrian Marsh <Ad...@ubiquisys.com>.
Checkouts from the new URL are all ok... However the "new url" server is
a clone of the old, albeit accessed via httpS instead of http, so the
UUID is the same. I know that the relocate wont initiate any contact to
new or old URL.

I tried adding a file after the switch and committing, and it added it
to the old repos.

Should I expect any output on a successful switch ??

Posted by Adrian Marsh <Ad...@ubiquisys.com>.
Thanks Miguel,

I am switching from http to HTTPS.  I also tried a commit, as I
understand the switch command itself doesn't initiate any connections to
either server.. but the commit went to the old server..

Adrian

________________________________

Posted by Adrian Marsh <Ad...@ubiquisys.com>.
Running it within the working copy... a folder called "pbx"..

I didn't see a path to the local workspace at the end of your command.
If you ran it from within the workspace then you don't. Need the path
because '.' Is implied. If you ran it from outside. Of the workspace
dir then you need to add the workspace dir to the command.

Svn co oldurl workdir
Svn switch --relocate old url newurl workdir

Re: Subversion relocate

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 16, 2008, at 7:17 AM, Adrian Marsh wrote:
> I wouldn't expect the UUID to be an issue though... as surely one
> purpose of this is to relocate to the same repository, but at a
> different URL..

That's the only purpose of svn switch --relocate, in fact. The UUIDs
must be the same or you cannot relocate.

RE: Subversion relocate

Posted by Adrian Marsh <Ad...@ubiquisys.com>.
Yes, the URL remains http://ubiq-serv2... Instead of
https://testserv....
I wouldn't expect the UUID to be an issue though... as surely one
purpose of this is to relocate to the same repository, but at a
different URL..

The same test in TortoiseSVN using the same two URLs/repos/servers works
ok.

If it is the same uuid perhaps not. If you check it with svn info and
the url is updated then the command worked.

Didn't. You say that the url was still the old when you checked with
svn info after the switch?