Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 08:22:35 UTC

FieldCache: flush cache explicitly

I think the api should allow for explicitly flush the fieldcache.

I have a setup where new readers are being loaded very some period of
time. I don't want to rely on Java WeakHashMap to free the cache, I
want to be able to do it in a deterministic way.

It would be great if this can be added to Lucene, I can create a bug
if the Lucene gods agree to it :)

Thanks

-John

RE: FieldCache: flush cache explicitly

Posted by Ramana Jelda <ra...@ciao-group.com>.
Yeap. I strongly support John.
I knew when I reopen indexes. Then what is the reason to wait for garbage
collector..
And that too, FieldCache uses WeakHashMap and that may lead some memory
leaks.

Jelda