Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Pane <br...@apache.org> on 2005/09/12 02:46:19 UTC

semi-asynchronous leader/followers MPM Re: How long until 2.2

On Sep 9, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Brian Pane wrote:

> This weekend, when I have time to do some more httpd work, I'll do
> a more
> robust hack of the leader MPM within the async-dev branch so that it's
> available for other people to test.

Just committed... This version is a bit slower than the worker MPM.
It does a poll before read on each new connection, which can be
optimized away on platforms where accept(2) doesn't return until
the new connection has data available for reading.

With this latest batch of changes, the leader MPM is converging
toward the design of the event MPM.  My goal is to be able to
compare the performance of a central listener thread vs. a
leader/followers thread pool for async MPMs as we add async
write completion.

Brian