Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by "Rao, Vaijanath" <va...@teamaol.com> on 2011/04/20 14:35:53 UTC

Merging different models

Hi All,

I am trying to use maxent for the Large scale hierarchical challenge  ( http://lshtc.iit.demokritos.gr:10000/ ) contest.

However, I could not get maxent to work on large number of classes/categories ( dmoz test data has something like 28K classes and 580K+ features ). So decided to split the training and merging the models after every few iterations. The split is decided by the category/classes so that all the instance belonging to one class resides in one split.

At every few iteration the model generated by each of these splits is merged ( I merge out all of the model Data structures ) and average out the parameters estimated.

But even after something like 1000 iterations I don't see accuracy going beyond 70%. As after every merge there is dip in overall accuracy. So I was wondering if there is a better way to merge.

Can someone guide me in getting the split / incremental training or should I try the perceptron model .

--Thanks and Regards
Vaijanath N. Rao

RE: Merging different models

Posted by "Rao, Vaijanath" <va...@teamaol.com>.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the code.

--Thanks and Regards
Vaijanath N. Rao

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.