Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/04/30 07:06:57 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/test Makefile.in

>   Back out the last change to the Makefile in the test directory.  Those
>   changes broke the build in that directory.  By backing them out, we can
>   continue to build the test programs.

Backing the changes out is fine, but those programs don't build now either.
They haven't been buildable since you changed the definition of $(LINK).
The right fix is to use the same Makefile template as the rest of apr.
I would have done that myself, but I was too blurry-eyed at the time
to figure it out and made that half-assed attempt instead.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apr/test Makefile.in

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.
> I can build the test directory just fine on my machine.  In fact, that is
> why I made the change.  I needed to be able to run those test programs,
> and I couldn't.  I wouldn't have checked it back in unless I could run the
> tests on my machine.

Ah, my fault -- evidently, the three times I tried to build that directory
were all after make extraclean on the parent, so it was failing because
the rules file was absent.  I just need to fix the make rules so that an
extraclean cleans the test directory as well, so I don't get fooled by
the Makefile being left uncleaned.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apr/test Makefile.in

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >   Back out the last change to the Makefile in the test directory.  Those
> >   changes broke the build in that directory.  By backing them out, we can
> >   continue to build the test programs.
>
> Backing the changes out is fine, but those programs don't build now either.
> They haven't been buildable since you changed the definition of $(LINK).
> The right fix is to use the same Makefile template as the rest of apr.
> I would have done that myself, but I was too blurry-eyed at the time
> to figure it out and made that half-assed attempt instead.

I can build the test directory just fine on my machine.  In fact, that is
why I made the change.  I needed to be able to run those test programs,
and I couldn't.  I wouldn't have checked it back in unless I could run the
tests on my machine.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131