Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <de...@apache.org> on 2021/02/09 21:10:54 UTC

Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Hello all

We need to prepare a short presentation for projects that are going to
participate to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint [1]. According to
the Sprint Logistics page [2] we currently have the following Apache
projects:

  * Apache SIS (Spatial Information System)
  * Apache Jena
  * Apache Superset

Is there any other projects to add to this list? If so, please let us
know by replying on the geospatial@… mailing list.

For the above-cited 3 projects, we need a few sentences about work
items. For example in Apache SIS case it could be "Cleanup
implementation of OGC filters". Is there some work items from Apache
Jena and Superset that we can add? We would need them before Friday this
week, for presentation in the Webinar on 12th February at 10:00
(Washington D.C. time) [3].

Also I would need to know in which category to declare each project in
the implementations page [4].

     Thanks,

         Martin Desruisseaux

[1] https://www.ogc.org/ogcevents/2021-joint-asf-ogc-osgeo-code-sprint
[2] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/logistics.adoc
[3] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/agenda.adoc
[4] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/implementations.adoc

Re: Fwd: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
BTW this topic is currently in particular of interest to me in context of
the upcoming Semantic GeoSpatial Web - Use Cases Workshop 2021

http://www.lotico.com/index.php/Semantic_GeoSpatial_Web_-_Use_Cases_Workshop

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
The slides for tomorrow are being prepared there:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19KN0rKLMzkR845jBVMS0fKlX2EBUTqrUbV7UHTDFOHE/

The slide about Apache projects is slide 8. Please let me know if there
is anything to add or change.

     Martin

Re: Fwd: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
OK will do Martin

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 12:55 PM Martin Desruisseaux <

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Fwd: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Fwd: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

I am a bit swamped at the moment but have now registered for the event. I
wasn't acutely aware of the session and still have to learn more about its
objects.

I'm primarily interested in Apache Jena GeoSPARQL, GeoSPATIAL Semantic Web
and OGC GeoSPARQL here.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Best,
Marco

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:46 AM Martin Desruisseaux <

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Andy

[3] https://github.com/opengeospatial/joint-ogc-osgeo-asf-sprint-2021/blob/master/logistics.adoc

Fwd: Projects participating to the joint OGC, ASF & OSGeo code sprint

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

https://twitter.com/ymilosy/status/1357678354741293058

One feedback item I've heard: the GeoSPARQL tests aren't completely
clear and the cost of implementing is quite high. That's a burden that
inhibits take-up. (Sorry - no more details).

This seems ot go to the challenge of geospatial generally - crossing
from the expert domain to general usage. In general usage, technologies
are competing for application developer mindshare.

     Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,