Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Kreutzer, Edward" <Ed...@schwab.com> on 2014/08/20 23:49:07 UTC

Storm Training/VM

Two things:

1.       Outside of the site tutorials and the few books out there, can anyone point to some good/sanctioned training for Storm?

2.       Also, often platforms have working VMs that can be downloaded and tried out for new users.  Is there one out there, or are there plans for the aforementioned?

Thanks for any feedback/insight.

Ted Kreutzer
Senior Database Developer/Engineer | IMT - Hadoop | charlesSCHWAB

WARNING: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate email system is subject to archiving, monitoring and/or review by Schwab personnel.

Re: Storm Training/VM

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Hi,

    For vms we have storm vagrant setup. More info on vagrant
here [1]http://www.vagrantup.com/.

You can try the vagrant setup
here [2]https://github.com/ptgoetz/storm-vagrant.

I noticed issues with the above to get it running with
virtualbox. Incase if you run into any of those try this

one [3]https://github.com/harshach/storm-vagrant.

-Harsha

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014, at 02:49 PM, Kreutzer, Edward wrote:

Two things:

1.Outside of the site tutorials and the few books out there,
can anyone point to some good/sanctioned training for Storm?

2.Also, often platforms have working VMs that can be downloaded
and tried out for new users.  Is there one out there, or are
there plans for the aforementioned?

Thanks for any feedback/insight.

Ted Kreutzer

Senior Database Developer/Engineer | IMT – Hadoop|
charlesSCHWAB

WARNING: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate
email system is subject to archiving, monitoring and/or review
by Schwab personnel.

References

1. http://www.vagrantup.com/

RE: Storm Training/VM

Posted by "Kreutzer, Edward" <Ed...@Schwab.com>.
Fantastic!  Thanks for all of the feedback.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Posted by Miloš Solujić <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Yaron Rosenbaum <yaron.rosenbaum@gmail.com

Re: Storm Training/VM