Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 10:17:22 UTC

Properties for NekoHTMLGenerator

Hello,

Can you please comment on this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1639#action_12371243

Excerpt from the comment:

I was about to commit [the new NekoHTMLTransformer] when I noticed
neko.properties containing URLs as  property keys. The javadoc for
java.util.Properties states  that «  The key  contains all  of the
characters in  the line  starting with  the first  non-white space
character and up  to, but not including, the  first unescaped '=',
':', or white space character other than a line terminator. ».

Example:

http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces=true
http://cyberneko.org/html/features/balance-tags=true

Has  someone been  able to  test the  settings in  neko.properties
successfully? If this is the case, why is the colon after http not
interpreted as  a key separator?   Or quoting Andrew  Stevens « at
worst it just needs the colons to be escaped ».
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: Properties for NekoHTMLGenerator

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Bruno Dumon:

> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 10:17 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > Has someone been able to  test the settings in neko.properties
> > successfully? If this is the case, why is the colon after http
> > not interpreted as a key separator?  Or quoting Andrew Stevens
> > « at worst it just needs the colons to be escaped ».
>
> I have never used those  components, but you're quite right that
> this  can't  work. The  colons  will need  to  be  escaped. Good
> observation.

The reporter submitted updated neko.properties with escaped paths.
I just committed it in branch 2.1.

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.