Posted to commits@creadur.apache.org by jo...@apache.org on 2009/03/19 12:48:56 UTC

svn commit: r755942 - in /incubator/rat/main/trunk: LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt

Author: jochen
Date: Thu Mar 19 11:48:56 2009
New Revision: 755942

Log:
- Renaming LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt to LICENSE and NOTICE, as per
  http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#new, and in order to
  avoid conflicts with the remote-resources plugin.

Removed:
    incubator/rat/main/trunk/LICENSE.txt
    incubator/rat/main/trunk/NOTICE.txt

Re: svn commit: r755942 - in /incubator/rat/main/trunk: LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Jochen Wiedmann
<jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Personally I much prefer keeping the .txt suffixes. It makes life
>> easier on Windows.
>
> Agreed, but the effect is that we end with both NOTICE and NOTICE.txt
> files sometimes, the former generated by the remote-resources-plugin,
> the latter added by the POM's. I have no problem, if someone else
> bothers to resolve that later on. For now, my intention is to get 0.6
> out as fast as possible.

OK, I'll give it a look later.

PS. I'm not a big fan of using the remote-resources-plugin to generate
the legal files. It works for now when we only bundle stuff like
Commons components that have no special licensing or copyright
attribution requirements, but will produce incorrect results if we
ever bundle some more complex dependencies.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: svn commit: r755942 - in /incubator/rat/main/trunk: LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I much prefer keeping the .txt suffixes. It makes life
> easier on Windows.

Agreed, but the effect is that we end with both NOTICE and NOTICE.txt
files sometimes, the former generated by the remote-resources-plugin,
the latter added by the POM's. I have no problem, if someone else
bothers to resolve that later on. For now, my intention is to get 0.6
out as fast as possible.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)

Re: svn commit: r755942 - in /incubator/rat/main/trunk: LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,