Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dan Cancro <DC...@corp.work.com> on 2000/11/28 23:54:52 UTC

starting the struts example with Tomcat

I can't get the example to run with Tomcat.  This is what I have done so
far:
1) put struts-example.war in my c:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps directory
2) added this text to my server.xml file:
	<Context path="/struts-example" docBase="webapps/struts-example"
debug="0" reloadable="true" >
      </Context>

When I try to start Tomcat with the start.bat script, it opens and closes a
DOS window.

I have never used Tomcat or Struts before.  Let me know if you can see what
I have missed.  Thanks.

Re: starting the struts example with Tomcat

Posted by "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com>.
Hi
    I had this problem and the only way I could get it to work was to use

    tomcat run

    Have a look at startup.bat, which call tomcat.bat with the "start" argument

to start it in a separate window, try "tomcat run" to start it in the same
window.

Joseph Rajkumar