Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Ward <pw...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2007/05/31 03:09:05 UTC

passing Apache htpasswd authnetication to Tomcat

Currently we have Apache configured to do user authentication and Tomcat
to run the java application. At this point, Apache is asking for
authentication but the information is not being passed on to Tomcat.

We are using the following versions:

Server version: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)
Apache Tomcat version 6.0.10

Thank you!

             __   _____    __           Patrick Ward
            /_/| /____/\  /_/|       Jet Propulsion Lab
         ___|| | | |__)/| || |___       M/S 2923-120
        /___|| | | |___/  ||/___/|      818-354-7788
       |_____|/  |_|/     |_____|/   pward@jpl.nasa.gov

Re: passing Apache htpasswd authnetication to Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Ward <pw...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks, we did that:

     <Connector
         port="8009"
         redirectPort="8443"
         tomcatAuthentication="false"
         protocol="AJP/1.3">
     </Connector>

             __   _____    __           Patrick Ward
            /_/| /____/\  /_/|       Jet Propulsion Lab

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Evening Patrick-

Look into implementing Java Authentication and Authorisation Service Realm
(JAASRealm) by following the procedures outlined here
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html#JAASRealm

Feel free to contact me offline for any comments or questions

HTH
Martin--