Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/07 15:43:02 UTC

Pulsar Flaky test report 2023-02-07 for PR builds in CI

Dear community,
Here's a report of the flaky tests in Pulsar CI during the observation
period of 2023-01-31 - 2023-02-07

https://github.com/nicoloboschi/pulsar-flakes/tree/master/2023-01-31-to-2023-02-07

More flaky test issues:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues?q=flaky+sort%3Aupdated-desc+is%3Aopen+is:issue

To coordinate the work,
1) please search for an existing issues or search for all flaky issues with
"flaky" or the test class name (without package) in the search:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues?q=is%3Aopen+flaky+sort%3Aupdated-desc
2) If there isn't an issue for a particular flaky test failure that you'd
like to fix, please create an issue using the "Flaky test" template at
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/new/choose
3) Please comment on the issue that you are working on.

I'm looking forward to more contributors joining the efforts. Please join
the #testing channel on Slack if you'd like to ask questions and tips about
reproducing flaky tests locally and how to fix them.
Sharing stories about fixing flaky tests is also helpful for sharing the
knowledge about how flaky tests can be fixed. That's also a valuable way to
contribute.
Some flaky tests might be actual real production code bugs. Fixing
the flaky test might result in fixing a real production code bug.

More contributions are welcome! Please keep up the good work!

P.S.
The flaky test reporter was originally coded by Lari. Lately, we simplified
the way to generate the report to allow more people to access the report
and for scheduling purpose.
There are instructions on how to generate it here:
https://github.com/nicoloboschi/pulsar-flakes#generate-a-new-report

Thanks,
Nicolò Boschi

Re: Pulsar Flaky test report 2023-02-07 for PR builds in CI

Posted by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Thanks, very useful +1.

Yubiao Feng

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.