Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/12/12 07:41:05 UTC

Re: Nagging

On Sunday 12 December 2004 04:40, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > all because dependencies have failed to build, but no nags on projects
>
> that
>
> > actually failed, such as;
>
> Yes, indeed. Could you forward a few (or all) of them to me, P2P please?

done. don't think you want them all.
:o)

cheers
niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.dpml.net       /

Re: Nagging

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> On Sunday 12 December 2004 04:40, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > > all because dependencies have failed to build, but no nags on projects
> > that
> > > actually failed, such as;
> >
> > Yes, indeed. Could you forward a few (or all) of them to me, P2P please?
>
> done. don't think you want them all.

I just switched off e-mail from public Gump, 'cos I didn't have time to
investigate the craziness, and then I took a quick peek at these mails. I
see "configuration failed" and "pre-build failed" which are both correct
messages to send. The "pre-build failed" means things like making
directories, etc, it does not mean pre-requisites failed (as I believe you
interpreted.) Does this explain all the mails you saw?

BTW: After the first notification of failure we only send notification of
failures once a day (during the official run). Could this explain your "no
nags on projects that actually failed?"

regards,

Adam