Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Cedric Bompart <c....@hughesrae.co.uk> on 2001/04/10 17:09:50 UTC

Basic HTTP authentication

Hello,

I try to setup a basic HTTP authentification on the rpcrouter servlet.
If I use the samples provided by Apache Soap:
    java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://user:password@localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B.
Good"
I got a java.net.UnknownHostException
Any idea?

Do you know if there is a solution to restrict any call from the
deployment/un-deployment of an application? like:
    java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml
I would like to allow any call from the ServiceManagerClient to the
server's administrator.

Thx.
Ced.

Re: Basic HTTP authentication

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:09:50PM +0100, Cedric Bompart wrote:
> I try to setup a basic HTTP authentification on the rpcrouter servlet.
> If I use the samples provided by Apache Soap:
>     java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
> http://user:password@localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B.
> Good"
> I got a java.net.UnknownHostException

There's no support for extracting the userid and password from the URL
like that. I've though about it before; it would be nice to have.
You will need to set the user ID and password explicitly instead.
See one of the samples, e.g. samples/xmethods/GetTemp.java, for an
example of how to do this.

bfn, Wouter

Re: Basic HTTP authentication

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.