Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> on 2010/06/24 14:15:51 UTC

Portal Page Implementation

Hi Randy,

I saw that you implemented most of the page manager structure.

I'm just curious about that xml and db implementations use their own
implementation
of page, folder and rest of the objects. xml are under psml
implementation and db under impl.

I don't understand well why to do this. I suppose that all base objects
should be common and keep
them as pojo objects. And then implement special details under child
classes.

Why it's necessary duplicate every object and recreate hierarchy for
each implementation?

Also current implementation of xml and db differs. Maybe one is more
advanced than the other?
I say that because there are much more files under .impl than
under .psml

Thank you very much in advance.