Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by joe estes <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/14 01:29:43 UTC

render popup on the fly using javascript

Hi all,
I'm creating a popup in a myfaces tree2 dynamically using javascript and
creating Dom elements.  I have built the popup div complete with children.
I believe the way i get myfaces to recognize this popup is by passing it in
the javascript constructor like so:

var popup = new orgApacheMyfacesPopup(mydiv,0,0);

from there set the attributes of it's sibling Span element where the popup
actually renders by doing the following:

          SPAN.setAttribute("onmouseover", "popup.redisplay(event)");
          SPAN.setAttribute("onmouseout", "popup.hide(event)");

at this time i think it should work; once the tree is built it should render
the popup.

Am I missing any steps?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Joe Estes