Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hbaseuser <os...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/14 09:53:52 UTC

Control name of binary files downloaded from HBASE table via REST

I have a hbase table , with two columns : id and binary . ( for storing files
) .

I have a HTML page , with links to files , when each link leads to a file
using HBASE rest api .

The question is how can I control the names of downloaded files ? By
clicking on the links in my browser ( Chrome ) I am able to download the
files , but all of them with same name  ( which is name of the column )

What I want is to be able to download a file named as its ID  .

When I trying to do an HttpRequest in Javascript , I get CrossOrginException
.

Is there any support for content disposition header or some other way  ?

Re: Control name of binary files downloaded from HBASE table via REST

Posted by hbaseuser <os...@gmail.com>.
I have an href in HTML with following link:

Http://myhbase:777/mutable/myfileid/file:content

When myfileid is a key,  and column family is 'file' and content is a name
of column with binary content

Re: Control name of binary files downloaded from HBASE table via REST

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you show the code snippet which retrieves the binary column and saves
in a file ?

Cheers