Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/20 16:03:19 UTC

User's requests

Hi,
   Steve,Andy, Anou and others,  here's what the
project lead of webservices, JBoss has to say about
juddi requirements.

Cheers,
Anil

From:	"Jung , Dr. Christoph"
Subject: AW: juddi requirements

Anil,

long time no see ... sorry for my late answer. I�m
quite busy with my dayjob these days.

Maybe first a big "thank you" to the juddi guys as
integrating their stuff was easy and fun.

The only "hairy" points:

	- juddi is maybe a bit to singleton-centric. After
the good old statement "there is nothing constant in
this world", it would be good if one could run several
registries (for different purposes and with different
configurations) in one server, hence to
shrink the singleton aspect to maybe a single class
(THE juddi service, implemented as an MBEAN)?

	- Authorization data mixed with application data:
Since you cannot interact with juddi without
connecting your security principal to publisher
information, setting up a fresh registry (via ddl)
needs bootstrap entries. Maybe only a minor point.

	- I would propose to separate the Juddi (web) service
from the transport engine (Axis servlets) a bit more
(maybe by implementing their relation via a dedicated
JAXRPC bean?).

Other wishes (but I do not want to sound as the usual
na�ve feature requestor as I know how much work are
behind these bullets!):

- JAXR client implementation - administration UI
(e.g., web client for browsing/interacting with a
remote
uddi)

That�s it,
Keep up your good work,
CGJ

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

Re: User's requests

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
can we please add a page to Wiki for gathering a list of suggested enchancements.

-- dims

=====