Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Harald Schlößer <Ha...@Aixo.com> on 2003/04/01 14:43:04 UTC

Newbie: Can't Jetspeed get starting with postgresql

Dear Jetspeed-with-postgresql-users!

I want to replace Jetspeeds dafault Hypersonic database by a postgresql
database.
The database is already set up with the Jetspeed SQL scripts for postgresql.

My first impression was that actually everything is set up properly. The
database runs
correctly and a connection seems to be possible. At least the database
rejects unknown users
in the torque configuration.

But when I start Jetspeed it ends up with an error message.

Are there any configuration secrets?
Could somebody give me an example how to configure Jetspeed with a
Postgresql database
or tell me where I can find such an example?

Here's what Jetspeed says:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(
TurbineUserManagement.java:166)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserMana
gement.java:98)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnony
mousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:215)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(Jetspee
dAuthentication.java:107)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecur
ity.java:159)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(Templ
ateSessionValidator.java:97)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(Jetsp
eedSessionValidator.java:103)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:521)
etc, etc:

Here're my components:

Tomcat 4.1.18
Jetspeed-1.4-b3
postgresql-7.3.2

Here's my torque configuration:

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=postgresql
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/Jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = HA
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password =

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourc
eFactory

torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10

torque.database.logInterval=0
torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true
torque.manager.useCache = true

Thank you in advance!