Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net> on 2005/03/17 17:37:40 UTC

mod_jk + ssl on a virtual host.

I have an issue with detecting HTTPS when running on a virtual server
behing mod_jk; here's my setup:

For reasons that I can't currently change I have an internal server
running as  app.server.com (example url); it is aliased so that multiple
virtual hosts (name based) are running as:  x.app.server.com ,
y.app.server.com,  z.app.server.com, etc...  The server has an internal
SSL certificate generated for app.server.com; this produces a warning,
but otherwise works when using HTTPS to connect to x.app.server.com.
Not the best solution, I know, but like I said right now I am just
trying to support it.

So, to complicate matters I have Tomcat (5.0.28) running on the same
machine, with all the virtual hosts using
<Alias>x.app.server.com</Alias> in my server.xml file.  When connecting,
I can access the web application via HTTPS; however Tomcat seems unaware
that the connection is secure - request.isSecure() == false, as well as
other tests that I can think of, overall annoying, but not too bad
except that redirects are generated pointing to HTTP instead of HTTPS.

I have tried:
    JkExtractSSL On
    JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS

Does anyone know of any work around/fix to this?

    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist
    iPOV
    (334) 821-5412