Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shivani Rao <sg...@purdue.edu> on 2011/02/21 00:40:06 UTC

Specify queue name for a hadoop job

I am having trouble specifying queue name where a job needs to be submitted. I would like to know if I am using the right syntax.

I find the name of the queue that is assigned to me

$hadoop queue -showacls

and find that its <queue name>

I then run a simple pi estimate using the following command

$hadoop jar /path to hadoop examples/hadoop-examples.jar pi 10 10000 -Dmapred.queue.name=<queue name>

and I get a syntax error

If I don't specify the queue name i get a java.IOexception saying "could not find "default" queue "

If anybody has specified queues before your help is appreciated

Regards,
Shivani

Re: Specify queue name for a hadoop job

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Shivani Rao <sg...@purdue.edu> wrote:
> $hadoop jar /path to hadoop examples/hadoop-examples.jar pi 10 10000 -Dmapred.queue.name=<queue name>
>
> and I get a syntax error

I guess the generic options come before the application ones. Also, it
is 'mapred.job.queue.name' for job submissions.

Try the following, it ought to work:
hadoop jar /path to hadoop examples/hadoop-examples.jar pi
-Dmapred.job.queue.name=<queue name> 10 10000
--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com

RE: Specify queue name for a hadoop job