Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/24 11:57:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airflow graduation from the incubator

Hi All,

With the Apache Airflow community healthy and growing, I think now would be a good time to
discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the Incubator, and what requirements remains.

Apache Airflow entered incubation around 2 years ago, since then, the Airflow community learned
a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. Now we are a very helpful and engaged community,
ready to help on all questions from the Airflow community. We delivered multiple releases that have
been increasing in quality ever since, now we can do self-driving releases in good cadence.

The community is growing, new committers and PPMC members keep joining. We addressed almost all
the maturity issues stipulated by Apache Project Maturity Model [1]. So final requirements remain, but
those just need a final nudge. Committers and contributors are invited to verify the list and pick up the last
bits (QU30, CO50). Finally (yahoo!) all the License and IP issues we can see got resolved.

Base on those, I believes it's time for us to graduate to TLP. [2] Any thoughts?
And welcome advice from Airflow Mentors?

Thanks,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#graduating_to_a_top_level_project Regards,

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airflow graduation from the incubator

Posted by Dan Davydov <dd...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1 thank you for everyone who helped drive this (especially Bolke!).

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
It is about time :) for Airflow to be a TLP.

I will take a look at pending issues but I agree with that it is the
correct time for us to graduate to a TLP.

Regards,
Kaxil

--
*Kaxil Naik*
*Big Data Consultant *@ *Data Reply UK*

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airflow graduation from the incubator

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
+1 as well. I’m glad to see the community is thriving.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakob

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
I have updated http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html with news
(all our announcements since 2016), added links, add links to incubation
status reports.

@Jakob Homan <jg...@apache.org> - Let me know if we need to update
anything else.

Regards,
Kaxil

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Ping!

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Ash,

I can pick this up as early as the beginning of next week. Right now this
is what we have:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Committers But I might
extend it a little to make it a bit more clear.

Cheers, Fokko

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.
Great!

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jakob!

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @Jakob Homan <jg...@apache.org>

I have triggered the build now, the page should be updated in 5 minutes.

Regards,
Kaxil

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.