Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2021/12/07 17:21:55 UTC

Re: empty preferredText [EXTERNAL]

OK, I thought this might be what's happening. I did check my 2021 UMLS release and the cui does seem to have a preferred text but I think my container is using an older release. For what it's worth the CUI is:
C0360554

and a sentence that reproduces the issue in CVD with the current release is:

'Patient had problems tolerating oral hydrocortisone.'

I will see if I can find the older UMLS release lying around. I think the right workaround for now is your suggestion of using the covered text.

Tim

On Tue, 2021-12-07 at 17:59 +0100, Peter Abramowitsch wrote:

* External Email - Caution *

Hi Tim,

Yes, I've definitely encountered it.   It happens when the concept has a

CUI_TERM which has matched the text, but there is no corresponding entry in

the SNOMED or other vocab table mapping CUI to SNOMED.  The obvious choice

is to use the covered text as a surrogate, but technically it could be PHI

if that matters to you.  The other thing is to see if there's an MSH term

that maps using the metathesaurus.  If so, including MSH in your dictionary

as a src AND dest vocab will solve the problem.

Peter

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Miller, Timothy <

<ma...@childrens.harvard.edu>

Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu

> wrote:

Hello,

I'm using the dictionary lookup (through ctakes-web-rest) and trying to

read off the preferredText that comes back as a human-readable way to

display the CUI. On a very small percentage, there does not seem to be any

preferredText. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a limitation of

the underlying ontologies or a bug we can address?

Tim

Re: empty preferredText [EXTERNAL]

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hear, hear!