Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Steve Brewin <sb...@synsys.com> on 2004/01/08 00:06:09 UTC

Sieve needs a home!

OK,

126 classes and 161 JUnit tests (tip of an iceberg) later I have a server
neutral Java implementation of Sieve - RFC 3028. Now it needs a home!

This is the first step to Sieve enabling James, but is not itself James
specific. The package name root is therefore 'org.apache.sieve'.

There seems to be a bunch of ways of submitting this to Apache, but by far
the simplest seems to be to initially adopt the same approach used for the
Mailet API and make it a sub-project of James.

What does everyone think? If there are no strong objections I'll ask for a
vote from the committers.

If passed I will add it to the James repository. Later I will provide some
documentation and add a link from the James home page.

Better ideas are very welcome.

-- Steve

Re: Sieve needs a home!

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Steve Brewin wrote:
> 126 classes and 161 JUnit tests (tip of an iceberg) later I have a server
> neutral Java implementation of Sieve - RFC 3028. Now it needs a home!

Nice!  I suggest making it a separate CVS module, managed by the James PMC.

--
Serge Knystautas
President