Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 19:35:41 UTC

Url rewrite

I am using Tomcat 5.5 and I need to change the URL for eg: abc.com/A
to abc.com/B. I read about UrlRewrite at tuckey.org as suggested by
this user group. So as I understand I need to do
the following:

1. In my servlet B.war file I need to edit web.xml and add the
following at the top:

       <filter>
          <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>
          <filter-
class>org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter</filter-
class>
       </filter>
       <filter-mapping>
          <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>
          <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
       </filter-mapping>
2. Redploy

My question is if I put it in B.war in web.xml then how will this work
because abc.com/A will not be routed to B servlet. Since it will not
be routed then how and where will the translation occur?

Is there any performance overhead of using UrlRewrite?

Re: Url rewrite

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> But if I do it in ROOT.war then how would it be forwarded to B.war?

Can you make B.war ROOT.war? If not, this isn't going to work and you are
going to have to use a redirect.

Mark

Re: Url rewrite

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.