Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by levidwang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 11:55:22 UTC

Re: OpenWire for C

I got the same problem, anyone knows how to solve it? thanks a lot

RE: OpenWire for C

Posted by ba...@wellsfargo.com.
09:17:26,243 | WARN  | 4.40:65230@62716 | TransportConnection              | 97 - org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi - 5.10.0 | Failed to add Connection ID: -635441230433329227-1:1
java.lang.SecurityException: User name [null] or password is invalid.

How do I specify the username/pw in the connection info  activemq:tcp://localhost:61616?  Where do I specify username/pw?

I have no experience with a C interface.  It wouldn't surprise me to find
it's not maintained.

Can you work with the C++ library, activemq-cpp?  It may take a little
effort to interface between pure "C" code and C++, but it's certainly
possible - as long as the compile and runtime environment of the C program
supports C++ as well.

Re: OpenWire for C

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by levidwang <wa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your suggestion. I am now trying AcitiveMq-Cpp, it seems a better
option.

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by Karl Kraft <ka...@karlkraft.com>.
I grabbed the OpenWire C client and tried to use it and quickly discovered that it wasn’t really supported, and it didn’t really work.  It was more a proof of concept.

So I decided to write a C client for OpenWire, by understanding how the marshalling worked in Java and making it work in a C environment.

I quickly realized this was a deep rabbit hole and wasn’t looking forward to going down it.  While I could get it to work, it wasn’t something I wanted to be dependent upon for mission critical code.

Then I discovered STOMP.  It is a much simpler protocol than OpenWire, and well supported by ActiveMQ.  So I went down that path and never went back.

If you are working in something other than Java or C++, consider STOMP for connecting to ActiveMQ.

This is the package I used:

http://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/c/src/stomp.c

On Aug 20, 2014, at 5:33 PM, Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The OpenWire C client hasn't been touched in years and is not supported, so expect that it will have many, many bugs.

—
Karl Kraft
415-449-9445
karl@karlkraft.com

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Was there a full exception stack trace?  That could help.

It looks like that exception means unexpectedly reaching the end of a list;
perhaps an empty list?

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by levidwang <wa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your reply. I just updated vs2008 to SP1, and recompiled all the
dependent libraries. The exception is still there, but other than that, it
seems working well...

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by levidwang <wa...@gmail.com>.
the URI I used is tcp://localhost:61616

Re: OpenWire for C

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 08/20/2014 10:08 PM, levidwang wrote:
> thank you, I have just tried using activemqq-cpp. I am using the example
> code, and I always found exception:
>
> decaf::util::NosuchElementException
>
> when the code executed to "countDownLatch::await()" (called by
> "consumer.waitUntilReady()"  in main)
>
> I am a greenhand on C++, do you have any idea.. thanks a lot!

Was there a broker running?  What URI did you use?

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: OpenWire for C