Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Herchel Wojciech <W....@pzuzycie.com.pl> on 2001/03/01 09:51:42 UTC

mySQL again

Hi!
My connectionURL in server.xml now looks like this:
"jdbc:mysql://localhost/auth?user=root&password=somepassword"

and tomcat doesn't start up (although there is no error msg or anything) and
when i execute tomcat stop i get the following exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Next character must be ";" terminating
reference to entity "password" and a stack trace follows...

why is that?

vVolf

Re: mySQL again

Posted by Andrew Robson <an...@netscapeonline.co.uk>.
Hi,
  You might want to try something like the following. It works for me.

 <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm"
            debug="99"
              driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
              connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/somedb"
              userTable="user_tbl" userNameCol="user_id" userCredCol="psswd"
              userRoleTable="user_role_tbl" roleNameCol="user_role"
              connectionName="someuser"
              connectionPassword="somepassword"
         />

Andrew