Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sonam Chauhan <so...@ce.com.au> on 2007/01/03 23:59:31 UTC

Include controller problems

Hello - Can anyone advise on these problems I've run into with the
include controller in Jmeter 2.1.1?

These are the 2 problems:
a)	In non-GUI mode, samples from the "included" JMX do not show up
in the test log at all.
b)	In GUI mode, the 'View Results Tree' shows me "included" samples
run, but they seem to run out of order.

The top-level JMX structure:
--------------
1 	HTTP Request
2 	Java Request (Classname: SleepTest)
3 	Java Request (Classname: SleepTest)
4 	Include Controller (Filename: .\lower_level.jmx)
5 	HTTP Request
--------------

The included JMX structure:
---------
A 	Java Request  (Classname: SleepTest)
B  	HTTP Request
---------

When the tests run in GUI mode, I expect 'ViewResultsTree' to show the
following order of execution:
1, 2, 3, A, B, 5

Instead, it shows:
1, A, B, 2, 3, 5

Regards,
Sonam

PS: In case, anyone was wondering, I use the Java Requests/SleepTest
samplers to insert discrete parameterized delays using external
properties. Ie. the SleepTest sampler will have this attribute set:
SleepTime = ${__P(parameter1)}

The toplevel JMX is normally run in non-GUI mode with this command:
jmeter  -n -t <top_level.jmx> -l <log> -p <testrun_cfg>
-Dfile_format.testlog=2.0

Re: Include controller problems

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
that looks like a bug. i would suggest filing a bugzilla

peter