Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pramod_bambore <pr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/07/23 07:12:20 UTC

Running users in incremental Fashion

Hi All,

I have a requirement like, If i have 1000 users then user's should be able
to log in incrementally, like 5 ,10 ,50,30. I don't want all the users to
log in at a time. I have used Ramp up but jmeter will wait untill this time
and loads all the user after that.

Re: Running users in incremental Fashion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/07/2009, Pramod_bambore <pr...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I have a requirement like, If i have 1000 users then user's should be able
>  to log in incrementally, like 5 ,10 ,50,30. I don't want all the users to
>  log in at a time. I have used Ramp up but jmeter will wait untill this time
>  and loads all the user after that.

That's not correct, the ramp-up time introduces a short pause between
starting each thread so that the last thread starts at the end of the
ramp-up period.

Try it with a simple test case of 1 sampler, 5 threads, and ramp-up of 10.