Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/21 11:45:50 UTC

user's settings.xml not being picked up

Hi there I'm used to Maven2 picking up the settings.xml from

C:\Documents and Settings\<login>\.m2

when in a windows environment, however I'm using Maven2 at a new company
now, and for some reason the user's settings.xml doesn't seem to be being
picked up.

I have

<profiles>
 <profile>
   <id>developer_me</id>
   <properties>
     <JBossHome>D:/java/jboss-4.0/server/default/deploy</JBossHome>
   </properties>
  </profile>
 </profiles>

  <activeProfiles>
      <activeProfile>developer_me</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

yet when I do

mvn projecthelp:active-profiles

the profile isn't listed and the properties are unset.

Any idea how I can verify where Maven2 is looking for the user's
settings.xml.

I did create the .m2 directory and settings.xml manually.

PS. The conf/settings.xml is working.

Re: user's settings.xml not being picked up

Posted by Christian Mouttet <ch...@it2media.de>.
Have you tried putting it in ...<login>\.m2\conf?

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
mvn compile --settings settings.xml

you can have a path with the file name.

On 3/21/06, Milos Kleint <Mi...@sun.com> wrote:

> you can force use of a specific settings file with a command-line switch
> I think..
>
> Milos
>
> Pete wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestins guys, but still no luck :-(
> >
> > 1) Tried subdirectory of /conf
> > 2) The above code snippet
> >
> >        String uh = System.getProperty("user.home");
> >         System.out.println("user.home is " + uh);
> >         java.io.File m2 = new java.io.File(uh, ".m2");
> >         java.io.File settings = new java.io.File(m2,
> "settings_test.xml");
> >         settings.createNewFile();
> >
> > user.home is \\FILESERVER\Users\<myLoginId>
> >
> > however putting the settings.xml in \\FILESERVER\Users\<mylogin>\.m2\
> > <file://\\FILESERVER\Users\<mylogin>\.m2\
> >  >user.home=\\FILESERVER\Users\pthomas> next to the test
> > file settings_test.xml still doesn't work !
> >
> > Also tried subdirectory of /conf
> >
> > Any more ideas - this is normally something that just works, I must be
> > missing something simple here ?
> >

> > On 21/03/06, Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> afaik teh algorithm is this:
> >> String uh = System.getproperty("user.home");
> >> File m2 = new File(uh, ".m2");
> >> File settings = new File(m2, "settings.xml");
> >>
> >> so probably maven is looking at some other place for your settings
> >> than you expect it to..
> >>
> >> Milos

> company
> >>>
> >> being

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: user's settings.xml not being picked up

Posted by Milos Kleint <Mi...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
afaik teh algorithm is this:

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
cheers but see my recent reply, must be missing something else here.

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.