Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/13 23:12:31 UTC

Re: ApacheDS installation

On 11/13/06, koppelt-apache@web.de <ko...@web.de> wrote:

> I would like to add this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40directory.apache.org/msg08844.html to
> the building or installing section. But i can't start the server this way,
> neither on WindowsXP nor on Ubuntu.
>
> Next i want to fill the "How to begin" section and write a few sentences
> about how to use a LDAP backend for authentication in Apache & Tomcat.
>
> On which wiki should i continue to work? I would prefer the safehaus wiki,
> i'm not a native speaker and not a LDAP and ApacheDS guru so far, so you can
> decide if you want to use it for your documentation or to throw it away.

Ok, so far, if you want to contribute to ADS, there is at least one thing
which is mandatory  : signing and sending the CLA
http://apache.org/licenses/#clas. I think we have to vote you access to the
wiki, which will not be a problem (we are in a world where people who want
to write documentation are like diamonds :)

I know that seems a little bit bureaucratic, but this is the only way for
Apache to avoid any IP problems...

If you don't want to do that, or if your company does not allow you to do
that, you also have a way to help us : use safehaus, copy/paste the "wiki
markup" text and the images to a JIRA, because by filling a JIRA in which
you attach a files means you accept the CLA explicitely - except that you
accept it for the attached files only -.

It's up to you at this point !

Emmanuel