Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Inquisitor Shm <in...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 22:00:39 UTC

Researching Syncope for a SAAS app: Scalability and Multi-tenancy

I am looking to Syncope to provide Authentication and Authorization =
services for a large scale SAAS application.]

Primarily considering Authentication and Authorization:

Out the box, can Syncope support horizontal scalability? I am not too =
worried about this aspect because I figure with access to the code I can =
make this work.

A bigger issue is how to support multi-tenancy? Are there any nods =
toward multi-tenant design? Can I dynamically setup each tenant as a =
different data source? Multi-Tenancy is a potential deal-breaker. I can =
setup different datasources one per tenant, but I cannot have a =
different instance of Syncope one per tenant.

Any thoughts?

PS - beginner - I just read through all the documentation a few minutes =
ago.

Is the OpenAM stack any better for my needs? I have not looked at it yet =
and am wary of possible license issues. We need the most permissive =
licenses.

How about the JBoss Picket-Fence-named suites? Any comments on those?

Sincerely,

  Ravenor

Re: Researching Syncope for a SAAS app: Scalability and Multi-tenancy

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,
FYI, Apache Syncope is a provisioning engine, e.g. takes care of keeping
account data synchronized across identity stores and a wide range of
data formats, models, meanings and purposes.

If you are looking for authentication / authorization you should better
find other projects like as Apache CXF Fediz or the other products you
name below.

About multi-tenancy, it is currently planned for next major version (see
[1], SYNCOPE-119).

About horizontal scalability, see this example with Apache Tomcat 7 [2].

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Roadmap#Roadmap-1.3.0(Virtuoso)
[2]