Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Seth Ladd <se...@brivo.com> on 2000/10/30 23:02:30 UTC

Correct Way To Init Action Classes?

Hello,

I am tying EJB Session Beans into my Action classes, and to avoid having to
look them up every time perform() is called, I would like to init() my
Actions once and look up every Session bean.  Better yet, I would like to do
it all at once, possibly when the ActionServlet starts up (using its init()
method) and placing the Session beans in Application Scope.  Before I go
subclassing ActionServlet to write its init() method, I was wondering if
there is a standard way to init parts of my application in Struts.  I did
not see anything, though.  One possibility would be to specify a Init class
that would be referenced in the action.xml file.  This class would be
instantiated and would have its own init() method that would be called and
guaranteed to finish before ActionServlet starts accepting requests.  Is
this a usefull feature or should I just subclass ActionServlet?

Thank you very much,
Seth

RE: EJBs with STRUTS

Posted by Juan Gargiulo <ju...@mindstech.com>.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

juan

Can you share your experiences in incorporating EJBs with STRUTS framework.
I would like to know
what design modifications you have done to the existing STRUTS framework
and also the pluses and minuses of using STRUTS with EJBs.

Thank you,

Raj

EJBs with STRUTS