Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Mark A. Imbriaco" <ma...@itribe.net> on 1996/06/03 18:07:30 UTC

Re: who's using 1.1b3-dev in the real world?

> I'm going to compile it for my FreeBSD boxes tonight and put it on some
> busy servers. Has anyone seen it fall over?
>
> I assume there's very little that's going to change now between 1.1b3-dev
> and 1.1b3 public. Is this the case?
>

> rob

	I've been running it on http://www.itribe.net/ for a couple of
	weeks now without a hitch.  (In fact last Sunday, our Netscrape
	servers crashed on that machine, bringing down 20+ VirtualHosts
	and my new Apache server was the only one that was still up.
	Talk about a quick way to prove that Apache is superior.. :-)

	[ BTW: That server doesn't get a huge amount of traffic. ~12000
	  hits/day. ]

	-Mark