Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Don Elliott <do...@key-signature.com> on 2001/02/12 08:11:44 UTC

Database driven controller for struts

Hi Struts Users,

I'm currently building an ASP service that requires us to configure our workflow differently for different companies - we also are looking at quite a large number of workflows.

The XML action configuration file and ability to define and set multiple different forward actions based upon an action result is a great fit for this, however I need an administrator to be able to easily edit and manage this - has anyone written an ActionMapping that reads from a relational database instead of an XML file ?  This would make it very easy to edit...

Regards,
Don

Re: Database driven controller for struts

Posted by Nathan Eric Probst <pr...@pond.net>.
I, too am interested in this idea.  I was wondering about using Osage's
ability to stream data out of a RDB and into an XML file as an easy way
to accomplish this task.  Has anyone experimented in this area?

Nathan